Oregon is one of 26 lead states selected to develop the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) –a set of rigorous, national science standards aligned with college- and career-ready expectations.
Watch this video to learn more about the NGSS
For easy access, here are the latest documents/standards in PDF format.
- Appendix A – Conceptual Shifts in the Next Generation Science Standards
- Appendix B – Responses to the Public Drafts
- Appendix C – College and Career Readiness
- Appendix D – “All Standards, All Students”: Making the Next Generation Science Standards Accessible to All Students
- Appendix E – Progressions Within the Next Generation Science Standards
- Appendix F – Science and Engineering Practices in the NGSS
- Appendix G – Crosscutting Concepts
- Appendix H – Understanding the Scientific Enterprise: The Nature of Science in the Next Generation Science Standards
- Appendix I – Engineering Design in the NGSS
- Appendix J – Science, Technology, Society and the Environment
- Appendix K – Model Course Mapping in Middle and High School for the NGSS
- Appendix L – Connections to the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics
- Appendix M – Connections to the Common Core State Standards for Literacy in Science and Technical Subjects